Man, I really stink at self-promotion. My dude Reef The Lost Cauze and I put out a free project on Sunday. Almost 40 minutes of brand-spanking new rap music. I did all the beats and interludes, as well as the mixing/mastering. Reef is obviously on the vocals and lyrics. Really happy with how this came out. Stream it here and download it for free on Reef’s Bandcamp Page
1. Forgive Me, Lord
2. Body Bag
3. One Time
4. Interlude #1
6. For The Have-Nots
7. Interlude #2
8. Bundle Up
9. Stop Playing Games ft CAV
10. I’m On My Phone
11. Interlude #3
12. Best I Can
1. Reef ft Slaine & F.T. “F**k Rappers Remix” vs UGK “International Player’s Anthem” (Emynd Blend)
2. Reef “I’m A G” vs Gang Starr “All 4 The Cash” / MOP “Cold As Ice” / Cam’ron “Down n Out” (Emynd Blend Medley)
3. Reef “Brotherhood” vs Styles P “My Life” (Emynd Blend)
4. Reef “High By Myslef” vs Mic Geronimo “Masta IC” (Emynd Blend)
5. Reef ft OJ The Uncanny & King Magnetic “Big Shots” vs Smif N Wessun “Let’s Git it On” / “Wontime” / “Bucktown” (Emynd Blend Medley)
6. Reef “Devil’s Advocate” vs Jay-Z “1-900-Hustler” (Emynd Blend)
7. Reef ft Just Allah & Sicknature “Euthanasia” vs Birdman “What Happened to That Boy” (Emynd Blend)
8. Reef ft Sabac Red & Wise Intelligent “Mount Up” vs Xzibit “Paparazzi” / Pharcyde “Runnin” / Erule “Listen Up” (Emynd Blend Medley)
9. Reef ft Outerspace “Timezones” vs Mobb Deep “Hell On Earth” / “Still Shinin” / “Drop A Gem On Em” (Emynd Blend Medley)
10. Reef “Kill Somebody” vs Cypress Hill “How I Could Just Kill A Man” (Emynd Blend)
11. Reef “Boxcutter Samurai” vs Kool G Rap “On The Run” (Emynd Blend)
12. Reef ft Esoteric “Brain On Drugs” vs Wu-Tang Clan “Uzi” (Emynd Blend)
13. Reef “F**k Rappers” vs Young Jeezy “Put On” (Emynd Blend)
14. Reef “100 Rhymebooks” (Emynd “Cherish The Day” Remix)
The first leak from my upcoming remixes and blends mixtape with Reef the Lost Cauze is available for download! The rest of the mixtape will be available next Monday, March 11! Grab the track now and check back here for the full mixtape!
As many of you may know, we here at Crossfaded Bacon Headquarters are close friends with one of Philly’s finest rappers Reef the Lost Cauze. Dude has been in the game for years and we have contributed beats to several of his albums, making some truly memorable stuff. Reef recently released a free album on Christmas called “REEF THE LOST CAUZE IS DEAD” full of him rapping on flips of somewhat unexpected songs, many of which make for really fun and different material than he has made in the past. You can tell these beats really energized him and made him approach rapping a bit differently than he has done in most of his more popular stuff. We personally really like the album, but even if it’s not entirely your cup of tea, it’s worth a listen if just to appreciate an artist challenging himself to do something a bit different. You can stream the album above or download a free copy of this album on Reef the Lost Cauze’s Bandcamp page but he’ll also be giving some few free CD copies away tomorrow at our first Friday monthly THE BOUNCE (click here for flyer and facebook invite here). We hope y’all enjoy the album and hope to see you tomorrow night at The Bounce as well!
This Saturday, May 26th, our friends at BigBite Philly are very proud to present their 4th Annual Wing King chicken wing competition! Crossfaded Bacon has been a proud sponsor of this event from its inception, and we’re super hype to eat mad wings, drink some delicious brewskis and listen to DJ 2 Tone Jones rock the party. Also, our good friend and official CFB homie Reef the Lost Cauze is hosting the event. It’s destined to be another legendary night in the great city of Philly!
To prep for the mixtape and the return of the series, we’ve gone ahead and uploaded all 22 previous installments of the Mix Series on our Mixcloud page where you can stream each of the mixes in all their glory. If you’re not the streaming type, feel free to download any and all of the mixes RIGHT HERE as well. There’s literally something for everyone as you can see from the diverse discography below.
Thanks in advance for all the support and we’ll see you back on this page every 1st & 15th (but hopefully more often then that)!
My man Reef and I hooked up this hilarious and fun club rap jam. 808s, claps, syncopated synths and a dick needing goggles. WTF else do you need? I kinda love this shit to be honest. Hope y’all fuck with it too!
Made this so I could listen to some reggae I LIKE down the shore this week. This has a lot of my favorites, some very recognizable, some not. If you follow reggae extremely closely this may not be for you, I went with a lot of classics on this one. As always, shout to Kenny Meez, without him and those Sundays at Filo’s my life would be way different.
Also, by request, I have re-upped a few of my “Best Of” mixes. They are at the bottom of the page. GET EM!!!
Shanty Town Riddim
Red Alert Riddim
Blue Steel Riddim
Mavado “Wah Dem a Do”
Shoot Out Riddim
-Damian Marley & Stephen Marley
Sizzla “Praise Ye Jah”
Doctor’s Darling Riddim
Damian Marley “Give Dem Some Way”
-Bugle & Demarco
Busy Signal “Nah Go a Jail Again”
Hard Times Riddim
Kardinal Offishal “Nina”
Truth and Rights Riddim
Damian Marley & Stephen Marley “It Was Written”
Busy Signal “Gangsta’s Paradise”
Mr. Vegas “Under Mi Sensi” (Emynd Presidential Blend)
Drop Leaf Riddim
Major Lazer Feat. Turbulence “Anything Goes”
Buju Banton “Champion”
Rodney P “Big Tings”